Senior Property Analysis France
Our Property Analysis & Valuation Business Area in Paris is looking for a Senior Property Analysis for the Paris Branch.
Advisory to the business
- Providing colleagues in other teams with view and advice on any matter relating to property asset risk and potential, which may be in relation to any combination of a specific transaction, client/ developer, sector, country/ area, land development.
- Providing regular and ad-hoc property reports, market commentary and trends.
Providing property analytics for new deals / deal execution
- Operating within up-to-date standards, frameworks and templates for property analysis; in line with Group requirements, and best industry practice
- Managing external consultants (e.g., surveyors, environmental surveyors and other specialists) for cost and value of contribution
- Providing objective, factual and insightful property analysis which is appropriate to the deal stage. Particular activities include :
- Researching proposed and actual property assets, including site visits, and collecting evidence of capital and rental valuations
- Review and assessment of reports on Titles and Leases, external valuations, building and environmental surveys; following-up with enquiry and independent verification when appropriate
- Presenting information and opinion to Deal Brief and New Deal Committee
- Preparing detailed property risk assessment and property analysis for Credit Applications including risk and mitigations in relation to property risks, planning risks, construction risk, leasing / sales risk, tenant risk
- Assessment and advice on development finance projects, including on-going monitoring and liaison with project managers
- Liaising closely with the deal team including Originators, Underwriters and Transaction Management to progress and resolve execution issues
Ensuring the Team deliver property analytics for on-going monitoring / review and change of facilities
- Establishing and maintaining the frameworks for regular (e.g., annual) review of property assets and for event driven changes, e.g., refinancing, sale, waivers / amendment, key tenant changes
- As above (for new deals), providing objective, factual and insightful property analysis which is appropriate to the annual review / change event (activities outlined above)
- For Annual Reviews, liaison with Credit Risk Management, to input to their process for reviewing the loan facility
- Maintaining and updating Tenancy Schedules
Development of the business and Bank’s franchise
- Promoting the Bank
- Networking and keeping in touch with the market, key industry players and clients, and bringing that intelligence to bear in the Bank’s strategies and operations
Knowledge and skills
Education: RICS qualified (Chartered Surveyor), Graduate / MBA
Level of expertise/experience: Extensive experience of commercial real estate. Real Estate Market knowledge and trends.
Knowledge of systems: IT Literate with good understanding of Microsoft Office products. Competent with property valuation software (e.g., Circle, LORA).
Languages: Excellent spoken and written English and French, preferably with business competence in a third European language.
Personal and business skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Client Focus: understands external clients’ objectives and risks, responsive but challenging to internal clients. Generates solutions that move situations forward.
Entrepreneurial: balances decisiveness with caution, focused on risk / reward equation.
High Integrity: balances objectivity and independence with commercial drive, delivers on commitments, highest standards of business integrity, builds trust and respect.
Team Work: high ability to co-ordinate and get the best out of others, builds a collaborative environment, high respect for others.
High Performance Orientation: Sets highest standards for self and others and drives for results.
- Qualified candidates will be Chartered Surveyors with a minimum of four years’ experience post qualification.
- Strong property background probably acquired within a large property advisor, property Management Company or Property owning institution. A further experience within a structured finance team and/or in principal investment is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the French investment market with a proven experience in appraising specific investment properties.
- Demonstrated the ability to analyse broader market activity and trends.
- Experience in a variety of property types and transactions.
- International exposure desirable as is a third language (German)
What we offer…
We offer interesting tasks and a broad area of responsibilities in a very motivated team. Our employees appreciate a very dynamic environment and good personel development opportunities. Are you interested? Please send us your application!