Junior Credit Officer
Our Credit Risk Management Public Investment Finance Business Area in Paris is looking for a Junior Credit Officer for the Paris Branch.
- The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Credit Risk Management team with primary responsibility for the review, monitoring and administering an assigned portfolio of public sector counterparties.
- The successful candidate will in a first instance assist more senior members of the team in preparing and submitting analyses and recommendations for new business opportunities on individual names to the relevant credit authorities. The candidate is eventually expected to become autonomous for the submission of credit recommendations within 12-18 months from joining the team.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the tracking of wider developments in the credit markets, including the reporting of public sector changes, political developments, industry trends and rating actions etc, under the supervisions of the team Head.
- The Analyst will be involved in structured transactions relating to the public sector (purchase of receivable, PPP transactions; management of existing and voting on new business whereas the focus lies on reviews).
- Undertaking ad hoc reporting on borrowers where necessary, including in response to certain market events.
- Any other duties relevant to the role as required.
Knowledge and skills
Education: Primary and Master’s Degrees in business/finance/legal related field.
Level of expertise/experience: A strong background in financial analysis, with a minimum of 1-2 years’ Credit Risk Analysis experience. Knowledge in the European Public Sector business; the candidate should be knowledgeable on PPP transactions or similar structures. The candidate is expected to be familiar with French Public Sector accounting standards.
Knowledge of systems: Good MS Office skills.
Languages: Very strong proficiency of French language (native speaker preferred), strong proficiency of English language (main working language).
Personal and business skills: Strong analytical skills combined with an ability to manage a varied workload with competing priorities. Solutions oriented and keen to build on and broaden the experience gained so far. An ability to work well within a team of varying disciplines and experience as well as, on occasion, autonomously, conscientious and achievement-oriented. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Technical knowledge: Sound understanding of credit risk analysis and portfolio management methods. Sound understanding of complex transactions and risks.
What we offer...
We offer interesting tasks and a broad area of responsibilities in a very motivated team. Our employees appreciate a very dynamic environment and good personal development potentialities. Are you interested? Please send us your application!